single step

single step

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

On the Lighter Side

Because it's good to laugh after adversity. We had a few funny moments from our ER trip last night I forgot to mention.

1. We finally got checked in and I was past due to pump so Justin went out of the room to ask if he had time to go to the NICU and find a pump for me to use. The nurse said yes, but then I hear a doctor tell him, "Um, sir. Your wife is having abdominal pain, you shouldn't be getting her a soda." Pump, not pop sir...

2. So there was a doctor who I didn't see until the end of our stay, Dr. No Soda, and his student who actually worked on me. As a side note, I tell you what, that student will make a phenomenal doctor someday. He was really good, caring, and even the nurse had nothing but compliments for him. Anyway, Dr. No Soda came in with the student to let us know the ultrasound results and when he said there was no extra tissue remaining, I was so happy I leaned over and gave the student a fist bump. He got all excited at my response and laughing said "Bones!" (Not sure if this is a new fist bump thing?) Good job dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment