single step

single step

Friday, November 13, 2015

Star-Studded Event

Elizabeth made it through her surgery very well. The rest of the day and night was spent listening to her cry out in pain though. They have been giving her morphine every two hours, but she went for four hours on her own last night at one point. I would wake up on occasion to check on her when she would cry, or when the nurse came in. In between I would have lots of weird dreams with celebrities starring in them. 


I got to see Princess Leia, 


Maggie Smith,


Robert De Niro, 


Dale Earnhardt Junior, 


who then turned into George Strait.

Lucky me, right? I would certainly have traded all of that to have her feeling better. She does seem to be doing better this morning though. We might get to start feeds through her tube today, we will see what the surgeon says.

 


3 comments:

  1. Wow, Poor little Lizzy! I'm glad she's doing better today. On the bright side, Robert De Niro, and George Strait!! Lucky Laura! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, except George was wearing a red suit with sequined lapels and shorts instead of pants.

    ReplyDelete