single step

single step

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Great Aunt

We finally heard what the surgeons/doctors decided. Yay! She's back on pedialyte every three hours which kind of surprised me how often. Plus a suppository once a day to see if we can get things moving. Justin of course did awesome with feeding her and she took to it far better than we've ever seen. Either she was thirsty, or she took me seriously when I told her it would help her poop. I'm sure she's tired of gas bubbles and grunting. I know I am.

I got an email from my mom while we were there. She forwarded it to me from my Aunt Julie and I knew I had to share what she wrote:

This is silly, but, I wrote this the other night, when they posted a short video of Elizabeth’s first taste of milk.

Anyway, it stuck in my head, so I had to write it down.
Please pass it on to Laura for me…
Love you!
Julie    

Lizzy, Oh Lizzy, you are so sweet,
you finally get something good to eat.

You are tiny and small, like a porcelain doll
And In no time you'll be big and tall.

We have been blessed with Your precious life,
We'll love you and teach you to make it through strife.

You’ve made it through problems, complications and struggles,
We are so blessed to have you for snuggles.

Lizzy, Oh Lizzy you are so sweet
Thank you dear Father for letting us meet.

Great Aunt, Julie Dixon



No comments:

Post a Comment