single step

single step

Saturday, August 29, 2015

We are Family

Today she is still on the ventilator but they are slowly easing down the oxygen concentration and plan to wean her off of this one instead of putting her back on the other one. She has gotten swollen so they will give her fluids and something to get that back down. 

They suspect that she will probably turn around in the next few days and hopefully get to wake up. They were going less on the sedation but I guess she got a little grumpy last night and started fighting the tube. 

No surprise to me...

Justin and I found a cheap rate at a hotel with a pool and so we got to relax a bit and get a load off along with a change of pace. It certainly helped to put me in a better state of mind when we came in to see her. I see her feet and hands move on occasion and she will even grab my finger a little if I play with her hand. 

That's what gives me so much hope, knowing she's still fighting the good fight and she's still spunky. We will get through this. We are family. 


No comments:

Post a Comment