single step

single step

Sunday, August 16, 2015

The Kindness of Strangers

Today when Justin ended up sick and I went to see Elizabeth without him, and then to watch her struggling so badly with her bowels to the point that she would start crying sometimes, I had a bit of a melt down. I ended up in a hallway, talking to a friend from Morenci and just crying it all out. As I sat there talking, a janitor was sweeping the hallway and when he was done he left and I didn't think much of it. But he suddenly came back with a cup full of water and a small box of tissues and I was just overcome. Then a lady came out of the NICU who had been probably visiting a grand baby. She reached down and touched my free hand and quietly told me she would pray for me and my baby. She started to walk away, but then doubled back and said she knew I needed a hug and let me cry on her shoulder for a minute. I am just amazed by peoples' kindness, even when it's just quick glances with sympathy in their eyes or a smile for us. 


Oh! And Cassidi got Elizabeth a girly bag for her courage beads. Yay! I couldn't resist it, it's so cute and pink and sparkly. And it's not turned inside out. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment